Hair loss can have a devastating effect on the self-confidence of most people, whether it is men who suffer from premature baldness or women who face the problem of thinning hair. There were times when people who lost hair had to resort to wearing wigs for either the lack of solution for hair loss or because they could not afford the expensive hair loss treatments such as transplant or restoration.
However, with the growing trend of ‘medical tourism’, hair transplant abroad has become a viable option for people, especially from western countries, who can now avail low-cost treatments without skimping on the quality of treatment. More and more people are now traveling abroad for various hair transplant solutions, including the specialized cosmetic treatments such as eyebrow and eyelash transplant.
Hair transplant surgery for the scalp usually involves the replacement of hair on those areas of the scalp that have lost hair or have thin hair. Under the procedure, hair follicles are transferred from areas that have a thick growth to the bald patches on the scalp. haartransplantation köln Once the hair are transplanted, they will grow normally like ‘living’ hair. Performed at the microscopic level where a few hairs are transplanted at a time, the surgery is a highly specialized procedure that may take hours to complete for a single session of transplant.
Hair Transplant abroad-Benefits
Hair transplant abroad is becoming increasingly popular among people from U.S, U.K and the European Union for the cheap treatment available in these countries. Countries such as México, India, Thailand and Hungary have especially gained popularity among medical tourists from western states for the excellent medical facilities that these countries offer at low cost.
Here are some of the major advantages when one decides to travel abroad for a hair transplant surgery.
· Treatment cost is only a fraction of the cost of hair transplant in U.S, U.K and EU.
· Hair transplant surgery centers abroad are equipped with latest facilities
· Surgeons in these countries have received their education or medical training in the U.S or U.K
· Medical Staff speaks fluent English, making it easier for medical tourists to converse comfortably
· Most of these countries are rated high by the WHO for the healthcare services that they provide
· Availability of specialized cosmetic surgery related to hair loss in most of these countries, such as eyebrow hair transplant in India
· Most surgeons abroad will be willing to provide you with testimonials and also the before and after pictures of their patients
Even though hair transplant abroad is an attractive option for those who are suffering from hair loss and cannot afford the expensive treatments in their home countries, one needs to exercise necessary caution when choosing a country abroad for the surgery. Taking advice from an unbiased source is a reliable means of information. One may also join internet forums on hair loss surgery to find answers to the concerns that one may have about the surgery.